Suzy Q's Knitting Life

On the Needles (as they say)

7.27.2006

Progress has been made

I called in sick to work today. It wasn't me or the kids. When my alarm went off at 7, G- told me he'd been up all night with a toothache and asked me to call in sick. So I've been at home all day with two fighting biting younguns. He did go to the dentist; it's an abcess, and he needs a root canal.
Ah twell.
On the plus side, it gave me the opportunity to make some progress, however slight, on my cinched waist top. The upper back is done, and the first sleeve is done. I can probably have the upper front done tonight. The last bit is the last sleeve and putting it all together; that's going to be the time consuming part. I took a picture of the progress so far, as well as the magazine picture. If G- feels up to it later, maybe I can get it in this post.
Has anybody watched "Knitty Gritty" on the DIY network? I've read posts where people just can't stand the host (whose name I've completely forgotten), but she's come to grow on me. If you have a half hour free, check it out. Today they were showing how to knit criss-cross stitches into a scarf. Absolutely fascinating. I'm just itching to try it, but I've such a wish list of stuff to do now, that really needs to fall to the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home